Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ok! Ok! Ok! I hear you!

To my DEAR friends, I am now going to try this again. How many times have I been taunted for slacking off on my blog? I've lost count.

Just to catch you up on a few of the many things that have happened since March, I'll make a list. I'm sure I'll think of more things you've missed in the next few days, so this is an ongoing list. If you need more info on each incident, leave a comment/question.

1) Lane feels sorry for Satan, so he wants to pray for him to stop being bad so that he (Satan) can one day go back to heaven. He immediately begins to pray for Satan in the car on the way to church one Wednesday night. He wants Satan to receive salvation! Have you ever been humbled to tears by a child?
2) We got to see the newborn giraffe at the zoo when she was just a day old. Our lucky day!
3) Ok, so we spent a LOT of time at the zoo this summer. I'm very thankful for the fountains at the children's zoo.
4) Both little guys took swimming lessons for the first time this summer. That became Lane's "new sport". Yeah, that didn't last too long. We didn't have much of a pool to swim in the rest of the summer. Reed thought he was big stuff jumping off the side of the pool. My arms had quite a workout from lifting him back up on the wall over and over and over.
5) Back to the zoo, we were able to stump the kangaroo keepers with Lane's question. "When does the mama kangaroo get her pouch?" Do you know the answer? She's born with it. Kangaroos...many unusual facts to be known there. Good times.
6) We adopted 3 tadpoles in August. We were able to watch them all become froglets and then full-blown tree frogs. After a bunch of research and learning everything to be known about tree frogs, I think they are squirrel tree frogs, kin to the green tree frog but smaller. They may grow to be 1.5 to 2-inches long and could live up to 5 or 10 or even 15 years. Well, two of them could. I'm sorry to say that The President of the United States of America (aka Frog #1) met an untimely death after a trip to school. But, let's not talk about that - especially to Lane. I think he still hasn't figured it out yet. More on frogs another day.

That's enough list for now. Anybody who has something I should mention, I'm taking requests.

What happened today? I had Biblical Theology this morning. I love my group! Awesome girls! We talked about God's grace from Ephesians. No, we don't have the RIGHT to talk to God or to get salvation and go to heaven. It's not a right we are born with. Quite the opposite! It is a PRIVALIGE that God even looks at us or thinks of us or doesn't just burn us all up to ashes the instant we sin. And then to think that he SAVES us from complete darkness and eternal damnation to the horrid place where pure evil resides! Thank you LORD for even my next breath! And thank you LORD for my salvation through Jesus Christ! Wow!

Gotta go. I'm not really able to identify the sound I just heard coming from downstairs, so I'd better go see what was just dumped out in the floor.....

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Hey Knothead!!

Your my fav knothead though. cute blogola!!

Love ya - come check me out over here at the party of five!

stacey said...

Sad!!! I didn't know "the Pres" died after his show-n-tell appearance. No more frogs at school I guess!!!

Andrea said...

Well, at least not THAT frog!